Especially during these cold winter months, there’s nothing more comforting to me than curling up with a steaming bowl of creamy, warm oats.
But the same old oats can be boring and monotonous. And monotonous just isn’t the STRONG Girls way… We continually keep things fresh and exciting, and that applies even to our oats!
Because the STRONG Girls method is built on enjoying everything about food. We don’t deprive ourselves of food groups. Certain foods aren’t “good” or “bad.” Simply put, STRONG Girls EAT to fuel our bodies so we can perform at our best in the gym and in our daily lives.
So, here’s my Cinnamon Toast Protein Breakfast Bowl for your enjoyment! It combines protein, fibre, and healthy fats, to keep you satiated and energized throughout your day.
Cinnamon Toast Protein Breakfast Bowl Recipe
- Combine oats and water or milk and stir until combined and bubbling
- Slowly add 1 scoop of protein powder, stirring frequently
- Add 2 egg whites while stirring
- Allow to bubble and it should look super creamy!
- Pour into a bowl and top with fruit or your choice and some nuts/seeds for extra crunch!
Macros (with water):
- 35g carbs; if you add fruit or milk this number will increase
- 35g protein
- 5g fat; if you add nuts or seeds or milk this number will increase