I recently got my hands all chocolatey with my good friend Sabrina Virdee, Holistic Nutritionist and Healthy Baker Extraordinaire.
So…I just had to share her mouth watering Dairy-Free Chocolate Truffles. Just in time for the Holidays!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 bag (255g) dairy free chocolate chips – a great brand is Camino bittersweet chips
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 can of full fat coconut milk – a good brand is Cha’s organics
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste, vanilla extract or vanilla essential oil of choice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 handful of mixed nuts of choice (pecans, hazelnuts and macadamias)
- 2 tbsp of cocoa power or matcha powder or a combo of the both
How To Make:
- In a bowl, add chocolate with coconut oil
- In a saucepan, heat up the coconut milk and then pour it into the bowl with the chocolate and coconut oil. Be sure to stir gently until it’s all combined
- Stir in vanilla of your choice or you can even use a few drops of peppermint oil or extract for a different flavour
- Cover bowl and place in the fridge to set for at least 4 hours
- After the 4 hours, when the mixture is almost set, toast the coconut over medium heat for 1-2 minutes until golden brown
- Repeat for the nuts. Toast for around 2 minutes, let cool and then finely chop
- Spread out cocoa powder, matcha powder, hemp seeds, nuts etc. – all on separate plates
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out little balls of truffle mixture and roll in the palm of your hands, placing them on a tray as you go
- Now it’s time to decorate them. Roll them through the topping choice, making sure they are evenly covered
- Once they are all decorated, place on the tray and put them in the fridge for another 10 minutes or more
Serve or package them into cute jars for a simple and tasty Christmas or hostess gift.
Try them out and let us know how you like them and for more fun recipes join us on Instagram – @coach_jvb & @sabrinavirdee
Happy Holidays 🙂